Monday, April 30, 2007
A BOOK I’VE READ RECENTLY IS…THE DANTE CLUB


Going in a bookshop gives me an exciting sensation that hardly other places can excite in me. I like going around the bookshelves, walking among piles of novels, reading the plots of the most interesting ones. Last time I went in, I bought a thriller book suggested by one of my friends. This book is called “The Dante Club” by Matthew Pearl and it’s about a series of murders that have a great resemblance to the punishments of people in Dante’s hell, the first part of Dante masterpiece, the Divine Comedy.
The tale takes place in Boston in 1865. After the war of secession, a group of intellectual men, leaded by the poet Longfellow, has started a club in order to produce and publish the first American translation of Divine Comedy.
The managee committee of Harvard university just interfere with the diffusion of Dante’s poem. At the same time awful and grisly murders happen in the downtown and just the Dante Club can discover the truth…
According to me the best parts are the murders descriptions because they represent the most moment of suspense.
Of course I think we should read it.

Bartolone Emanuela
 
posted by emyb at 7:32 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Yes, the answer almost same, as well as at me.

 

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Bravo, seems excellent idea to me is